HAWK-800 - Frequently Asked Questions *** The HAWK-800 kits are no long being sold. ***
Features and Functions
- Q: What are the main features of the HAWK-800 upgrade kit?
- A: See the HAWK-800 feature list HERE
- Q: What are the features of the AtomaHawk upgrade kit?
- A: See the AtomaHawk feature list HERE
- Q: Do I lose any functions when I install the HAWK-800?
- A: You lose one function (or two if you have the MK2). The tape functions won't work anymore. So you must transfer your Poly-800 patch tapes over to MIDI EX-800 SYSEX dumps before installing the HAWK-800. And, the Poly-800 MkII loses its larger sequencer storage capacity (but the HAWK has seven (7) sequences so that makes up for the loss.
What if I have other mod's installed?
- Q: Can the HAWK-800 be installed if I already have mod's installed?
- A: Yes, the HAWK-800 can be installed even if you have all of the other mod's already installed.
- Q: Can the AtomaHawk be installed if I already have mod's installed?
- A: Yes, the AtomaHawk can be installed next to the Moog Slayer mod and the FM-800 mod and with some extra care you can also keep the 12/24 db filter switch alongside too. But that will need some special wiring (but you need advanced skills for this - beginners should not try this at home).
Do you have a quick "How To" on installing the kit?
- Q: Do you have a quick tutorial installing the HAWK-800?
- A: See a HAWK-800 kit maker's quick tutorial HERE
- A: NOTE - please make sure that you read the construction and installations instructions as well.You can find the instructions PDF documents HERE (HAWK-800) and HERE (AtomaHawk)
Important Notes about constructing and installing the kits - Please read very carefully!
- Both the HAWK-800 and AtomaHawk kits require medium to advanced electronics technician experience for both construction and installation. By purchasing any of these kits you agree that you have read the construction and installation instructions (found HERE (HAWK-800) and HERE (AtomaHawk). Do NOT order either kit unless you accept full responsibility for any damage to your synthesizer that may occur. If you are not sure if your skills are good enough to build and install any of these kits then you may want to use our pre-built kit service. Contact us (using the link at bottom of this page) to discuss the full service option. Or, you could check out some of your local music stores to find an electronics technician that can do the job for you.
- The HAWK-800 upgrade kit is the memory and software upgrade kit that provides all of the new features listed in HAWK-800 section of the full feature list page. This is the kit that gets you, for example: portamento mono mode. The kit comes in three different versions. The HAWK-800P is designed for the Poly-800 Mk1 keyboard, the HAWK-800MK2 is designed for the Poly-800 MK2 and the HAWK-800EX is designed for the EX-800. Make sure that you order the correct kit. The AtomaHawk kit provides extreme resonance (known as the Moog Slayer mod), DCO modulation of the VCF (known as the FM-800 mod) and the 12/24db per octave filter switch. You MUST have already installed the HAWK-800 upgrade before you can install the AtomaHawk upgrade.
Home - Contact - Credits - Copyright © Wantegrity All Rights Reserved 2007-2023 -