Welcome to the new home for korgpolyex

This group is for users and abusers of KORG POLY 800 and EX800 music synthesizers. This forum was created quickly in response to Verizon deciding to shut down (2019) the korgpolyex group in Yahoo Groups. This means that the forum is light on content and may have some quirks to begin with. But please stay with us while we sort the wrinkles out.
mhawkins
Site Admin

Welcome to the new home for korgpolyex

Post by mhawkins »

This is the new forum for "korgpolyex" which originally lived on Yahoo Groups. But in 2019, Verizon decided to shut the entire Yahoo Groups down, so here we are and welcome!

support

Re: Welcome to the new home for korgpolyex

Post by support »

Hi there, my name is Mike Hawkins and I will be moderating the 'korgpolyex' forum. If you would like to assist in moderating this forum (or would like to volunteer your time or energies here at all) , please send me a message and I will reach out to you to discuss. Many thanks.

/Mike
Creator of the HAWK-800, AtomaHawk and HawkyStick

JBFromOZ

Post by JBFromOZ »

G'day Mike!

having been a long time member on the Korg Poly/EX800 group on Yahoo, very happy to see the forum will be retained!

Is there any way to archive the history from that group? would be a massive loss to the discussion if not!

also happy to moderate if you would like someone else on board

Cheers

Marcus Wilson

support

Post by support »

Hi JB,

thanks for waiting this long for a response. It turns out the forums software version was too old and most things were broken including emails.

So now we're upgraded and running beautifully.

If you would still like to moderate that would be great. Though I think we can wait a bit and see how many members sign up. We're pretty light at the moment.

I don't have the time or skills to import the yahoo groups onto this forum. And I am not sure I would want to import it is there being so much noise on the yahoo list.

Cheers for now,

/Mike
Creator of the HAWK-800, AtomaHawk and HawkyStick

sam

Post by sam »

Very glad you are keeping the forum going! It looks great, and I'll post my HAWK build when i re-open my poly800 and fix all the mess i made so many years ago!

cheers!