Replacement Joystick Kit - the HawkyStick
The HawkyStick is a hardware replacement joystick for the Poly-800 (PS-800 and MK2) joystick assembly. The new unit is based on the original Playstation 2 joystick mechanism so it is not physically the same as the Poly-800 original (see photos below). In our opinion, the new joystick is a very effective replacement. You might even prefer this new joystick because it allows better thumb control than the original ever could. The new unit retains all of the proportional control that the original units had but in a smaller package.
- A functionally identical replacement joystick kit.
- A simple kit that anyone can install (with some soldering experience, patience and care).
- Low cost unit, easy to replace.
- Lower profile makes it less likely to be damaged on the road or in the studio.
Buy the HawkyStick Joystick Kit
- This kit requires that you remove two connectors (CN1 and CN8) from the existing Poly-800 joystick PCB assembly and reuse them on the new HawkyStick PCB.
- If you do not have the original Poly-800 joystick PCB or if the connectors are damaged beyond repair, it is still possible to use the HawkyStick kit but some extra wiring and soldering effort will be required.
to purchase your HawkyStick joystick kit for only $39.95
(USD) plus shipping.
- CAUTION: DO NOT assume that purchasing this replacement kit will fix problems that your existing synthesizer might already have.
- If your existing joystick operation has problems, it is far, far better to identify the problem first before purchasing a replacement joystick kit.
- Many of the problems related to joystick malfunctions are NOT related to the joystick assembly itself. If you have problems with your joystick you can Contact Us to discuss how best to proceed.
- NOTE: You can see from the photos that we have not quite finished getting a dust protection baffle figured out to close up the large open area around the joystick.
- We're working on that now and will post new pictures showing the dust protection baffle design as soon as they become available.
Replacement Joystick Pictures
|The new assembly!
||Easy installation. Solder the kit components, four screws and two connectors.
|New joystick installed!
||Side profile view
Home - Contact - Credits - Copyright © Wantegrity All Rights Reserved 2007-2021 -